Your trip to Hay Days isn’t complete until you check out our legendary Swap event.
Established in 1980, it’s become the biggest and most successful snowmobile and power motorsports-related swap meet in the world. It’s no exaggeration to say that you can probably walk all day and not see everything the Swap has to offer.
You’ll find great deals on just about any power motorsport item, from the latest ATVs, dirt bikes and go-karts to vintage sleds to a mind-boggling array of parts, accessories, apparel and unique items.
With over 30 acres of space – that’s nearly the size of 23 football fields! – and thousands of sellers from across the U.S. and Canada, if you can’t find it at the Swap, you probably won’t find it anywhere!
Interested in purchasing a Swap spot? Here’s how.
Swap Tips for Spectators
Here are some tips to help make your Swap visit a secure and pleasant buying experience.
- Spectator gates open each morning at 7 a.m., and the Swap ends at 5 p.m.
- This Swap is massive, so be sure to wear comfortable shoes!
- Looking to buy? Bring a backpack to tote smaller purchases and a wagon to haul larger ones.
- Bought something big and need help transporting it? Members of the Wild River Snowmobile Club can help haul your newly purchased goodies to one of our designated drop off spots (one each in the west, east and north parking lots). Look for the large Sno Barons balloon in the sky near the center of grounds to request assistance. Drive-up loading ramps are also available at drop-off spots to ease loading items into back of pickup trucks.
- Cash is king when negotiating deals.
- Be cautious that the item you are purchasing is not stolen or of questionable origin. In some cases, you maybe able to ask the Chisago County Sheriffs, who are located around the grounds, to verify that a serial number does not belong to a stolen vehicle. The Chisago County Sheriff’s department will be spot-checking sleds leaving the grounds.
- Avoid giving sellers the full amount for a purchase or making a large cash deposit and then returning later to pick up your item. Ask sellers for their ID if you plan to make a partial payment and return later to retrieve your purchase.
- GPS coordinates of the Swap rows are available for download.
- Wait until you get home (as difficult as it may be!) to drive that newly purchased snowmobile, ATV or other vehicle. Driving it on the grounds is not permitted.
- No pets, with the exception of service animals, are allowed.
- In the interest of safety, bicycles are not allowed anywhere on the event grounds.
- Guns are not allowed on the event grounds.