Swap Questions For Sellers
1. Swap Area Entry Rules:
- No vehicles will be allowed into the Swap area without Swap items to sell. Please make sure you have items for swapping in your vehicle. No Exceptions.
- Tickets are non-transferable. The name of the purchaser on the ticket must match the person presenting the ticket at the Swap Gate.
- Complete the Minnesota ST-19 form prior to attending Hay Days and send it to email@example.com. If not submitted ahead of time, bring a hard copy with you to the gate.
2. Entry Times and Guidelines:
- The Swap Gate will be open from 7am to 10:30pm on Friday 9/8. Please enter on Friday or wait until Saturday evening for admission.
- There is no holding area for Swap entry. Do not arrive on Thursday, as police will turn you away.
3. Group Arrival and Space Reservation:
- All vehicles in your group must arrive together. If members of your group are arriving separately on foot later on Friday, please meet them at the Swap Gate upon their arrival.
- Vehicles and trailers will be measured at check-in. Ensure you pre-purchase enough space to accommodate ramps, doors, etc. Exceeding reserved space will result in a $100 fine and a requirement to purchase additional space.
4. RV/Camper Permit and Entry:
- ALL RV’s, motor homes, camper trailers, toy haulers, 5th wheel campers, gooseneck campers, fishhouses, etc. require an RV/Camper Permit for entry. Exceptions include pop-up camper trailers under 10′ in length and pickup bed campers. Purchase RV Permits here.
5. Overnight Stay and Vehicle Movement:
- If you leave the grounds overnight with your vehicle, you must return to the Swap gate line by 6:30AM on Saturday or 7:30AM on Sunday. Vehicle movement is not permitted until after 6PM on Saturday.
6. Guidelines for a Smooth Experience:
- Food and Beverage: Selling or collecting donations for food or beverages is prohibited. Violators may be removed from the grounds.
- Pets: Only properly documented service animals are allowed.
- Quiet Time: Quiet time is from 10pm to 7am. Please refrain from loud music during this period.
- Prohibited Items: Guns, fireworks, open fires, and private drones are prohibited on the event grounds.
- Vendor Area Access: After 7PM, roaming in the vendor area is not allowed. Violators will be removed by the police and barred from re-entry.
Failure to comply with these rules may affect your eligibility to return in the future.
June 5, 2023 at 10:00 am Central
Swap Sites can be purchased HERE
Yes. If you stayed until 3pm and handed your ticket into the Swap Staff, you will be contacted in early May regarding Swap Pre-sale.
Yes, all members of your party will need to have a weekend wristband for event entry. Please make sure to purchase a SWAP wristband, as it allows different access than a Spectator wristband. You can purchase your Swap wristbands ahead of time for $30 or at the gate for $40. Kids 12 and under are free.
**NOTE that only the Swap Gate is open on Friday so members of your party using offsite parking or arriving later must arrange to meet you at the gate for entry.
PURCHASE YOUR SWAP WRISTBANDS HERE
If you selected the “print-at-home” option, you will receive an email with instructions for printing your tickets in mid-August, about three weeks before Hay Days. If you chose to have hard tickets sent to you, they will arrive in late August.
Swap sites measure 20’ long x 19’ wide. Each vehicle and trailer will be required to purchase a minimum of two 20’ sites. You can purchase more sites, up to a maximum of 20 for yourself or a group traveling with you. Please measure your setup(s) prior to purchasing. Site size requirement is based on the full length of the tow vehicle plus connected trailer. If you have rear doors that need to be opened or a ramp to extend, do not forget to account for that in the space requirement.
We will measure your vehicle and trailer at the gate and they must fit in your reserved Swap sites. Vehicles that exceed the size of the swap site purchased will have to wait until all other Swappers are parked and allowed entry ONLY IF space is still available to accommodate your vehicles. There will be a $100.00 penalty plus the cost of the additional site. Size matters! Plan accordingly!
If you are purchasing sites for a group, remember that each vehicle in the group is required to adhere to the two-site minimum purchase. You can choose to share the space in any combination provided the entire group fits in the total space ordered. ALL members of the group must arrive in line at the same time for check-in.
Gates open Friday morning at 8 a.m. or earlier. Gates close at 10:30 p.m.
No. Unfortunately, we no longer have a waiting area. Also, avoid the temptation to arrive on Thursday, because the police will likely turn you away.
No. Rows are filled on a first-come, first-served basis, and right sides always fill up first.
No, this is not allowed.
All RV’s, motor homes, camper trailers, toy haulers, 5th wheel campers, goose neck campers, fish house (Ice Castle, etc) and similar will be required to purchase a RV/Camper Permit for entry. The only exception to this is popup camper trailers under 10′ in length and pickup bed campers. This fee is in addition to the required swap space to fit the RV vehicle in. Failure to purchase this permit in advance will delay your entry.
Yes, as long as a member of your group meets you at the Swap Gate entrance to vouch for you.
Yes. Parking is available in the Chicken Coop and Racer’s Edge lots.
Yes. Anytime Showers has a shower trailer available to everyone. The cost is $10 per shower, towel included.
All RV’s and campers running a gas/diesel/kerosene generator or idling engines will be required to use a Generator Exhaust Adapter System that will vent the exhaust at the RV roof level or higher. These can be purchased for a nominal cost at retailers such as Amazon, Walmart, RV dealers, etc. Your venting kit will be examined at the Swap Gate when checking in. Failure to comply with this condition may delay your entry and/or result in being located in a less desirable area of the Swap grounds. While standalone/portable generators are not required to have the exhaust kit, they will be required to be spaced a MINIMUM of 7′ (in all directions) from any type of sleeping quarters including campers, tents, trucks, trailers, etc. These are mandatory requirements per the MN Department of Health and will be strictly enforced.
Back by popular demand! Stay late 3pm Sunday and receive first dibs for renewing your space in 2024.
Registration cards will be distributed at the East and South Gates starting at 3pm on Sunday.
This opportunity is ONLY available to 2023 Swap License Holders (not additional vehicles or guests in your party).
1.License holders will receive a card upon exit.
2.Ticket Holders must scan the QR code and enter a unique code to register for the 2024 presale list.
3.Acceptance to the 2024 Swap Presale list is contingent on your adherence to the 2023 Swap Rules.
Swap Seller Requirements
Please download HERE, fill it out and send it back to SwapST19@haydays.com. Operators/organizers of craft, antique, coin, stamp or comic book shows; flea markets; convention exhibit areas; or similar events are required by Minnesota law to get written evidence that persons who do business at the show or event have a valid Minnesota tax ID number. Hay Days is required by the MN Dept of Revenue to have a completed Form ST19 for every Seller. This form provides written documentation showing:
- Seller has a MN Sales Tax ID Number
- Seller is not required to have one because the items they are selling are non-taxable
- Seller qualifies for the “Isolated & Occasional Sales” exemption
All Swap Vendors must fill out and submit a ST-19 Form
Any seller making taxable sales at the Hay Days Swappers Meet must have a MN ID Number unless they qualify for the “Isolated and Occasional Sales” exemption. This includes out-of-state vendors. See http://www.taxes.state.mn.us for more information if you’re not sure the items you’re selling are taxable.
To qualify for “Isolated & Occasional Sales” exemption, all of these conditions must be met:
- Seller participates in only one event per calendar year that lasts no more than 3 days; and
- Seller makes sales of $500 or less during the calendar year; and
- Seller provides a written statement to this effect and includes their name, address and phone number (Form ST19)
Call 651-282-5225 or Toll free at 1-800-657-3605
There is no charge to get a number. But, you will be required to report taxable sales each quarter to the state of Minnesota.
Swap site $60 (minimum of two sites required)
RV Permits $200 (can only be purchased if you have purchased Swap sites, but can be purchased at a later date). PURCHASE YOUR RV PERMIT HERE
Arrival at Hay Days
Entry for Swap parking will only be allowed on Friday. Swappers will be parked on a first come, first serve basis. The gate opens at 7AM on Friday. DO NOT arrive before this time or law enforcement will turn you away. Overnight waiting on the highway is not allowed. Prior to 3pm on Friday, turning off Hwy 95 onto Oriole (County 70), will not be allowed. Please follow the roadside signs for swap entry. Swap gate entry will close at 11pm Friday
Please bring your tickets (electronic or printed) which will be scanned for access at the gate. You will have a ticket for your Swap sites, a second ticket for Wristbands, and possibly a third ticket for any RV permit(s) you may have purchased. Be prepared to present your tickets at the gate.
There are no spectator gates open on Friday. If anyone in your Swap group is arriving later on foot (ie. parking off site), you must meet them at the Swap Gate for entry. Parking overnight on Friday is usually available at the lot south of the site, Racers Edge and Chicken Coop. See the parking MAP.
Second Chance Swap
Beginning Saturday night and again on Sunday morning, swap space will be available (based on availability) at the Swap Gate Entrance.
The cost of this swap space will be a flat rate of $60 regardless of trailer/truck combination and size. This price will also include ONE wristband for admission. Additional wristbands can be purchased for $20 each (required for all persons age 13 and older).
Only cash for payment is accepted at the Swap Gate.
You may begin lining up in the Swap Chute holding area after 4pm Saturday for those that wish to enter Saturday evening. The gate will remain open Saturday night till 10pm. DO NOT COME OUT FRIDAY, YOU WILL BE TURNED AWAY.